All Production Lines Monitored by customized QC System
- Real-time data monitoring, logging, and review
- Out-of-spec flaws trigger an alert and the reel is immediately stopped and a corrective action is taken to minimize loss of material
All Process Parameters and Settings Stored
- Stored in the production systems
- Line, Operator, Time, Settings, Material, Measurements,...
- Data stored for each reel produced and is tracked with a unique barcode/serial providing complete traceability
- Data kept on all products for 5+ years for quick review and retrieval
QC Reports on Products Available
- Can be provided with each shipment
3 Axis Laser Micrometer Technology
- 300 measurements / second / axis (Total 900 / second)
- Most all producers use only 2 axes (200 scans / second typical)
- Entire filament length is scanned (upwards of 500k times)
- All reels are inspected – no filament is shipped without complete inspection for quality, consistency, and diameter.
Keene Village Plastics' Triple Axis Flaw Detection
- A triple-axis micrometer reduces blind spots by about 268% over a dual-axis micrometer.
- It is evident from the reduction in the cross-hatched areas in the diagram that a triple-axis micrometer will provide a significant improvement over a dual-axis micrometer in detecting flaws (and also changes in average diameter).
- Detection: >.031mm
Single and Dual Axis Flaw Detection
- With a single-axis micrometer, it is theoretically possible to have an infinitely large defect that remains unseen.
- Detection: Statistically Infinite
- With a dual-axis micrometer, blind spots are bounded.
- With a dual-axis micrometer, as defects grow larger, at some point they will all be detected regardless of flaw shape or orientation on the product.
- Industry standard
- Detection: >.066mm