3D printing, robotic surgery top Cleveland Clinic’s 2019 innovation list
Cleveland Clinic released its top 10 medical innovations for 2019 during its 2018 Medical Innovation Summit, the 16th annual event organized by Cleveland Clinic Innovations.
The list was selected by a panel of Cleveland Clinic physicians and experts led by Michael Roizen, MD, chief wellness officer of Cleveland Clinic.
Here are the top 10 medical innovations of 2019, ranked in order of importance by Cleveland Clinic:
1. Alternative therapies for pain management
2. The advent of AI in healthcare
3. Expanded window of time for acute stroke intervention
4. Advances in immunotherapy for cancer treatment
5. Patient-specific medical devices created through 3D printing
6. Virtual reality programs to enhance medical education
7. New tools and technologies for prehospital stroke diagnosis
8. Innovation in robotic surgery
9. Innovation in cardiac surgery, specifically mitral and tricuspid valve percutaneous replacement and repair
10. RNA-based gene therapies